Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good Weeks, We All Have Em!

As I lay here in bed reflecting on the time that has passed since my last post, I am satisfied.  For the first time in a long time I can truly say that I am satisfied with what is going on these days.  I haven't been feeling well since Easter Sunday so I have been taking it a little easier in the gym but not by much.  This could be why I still haven't recovered from this cold but I am willing to take this sacrifice so that I can workout. 

This week has grown to become my favorite week out of the entire year for many reasons.  For one is is the week that the hideous pool cover is yanked off, marking the unofficial start of summer.  This is also Master's week which gets me incredibly excited for the summer time, long hot days filled with golf, afternoons by the pool and one of my personal favorites Sunday Funday.  On top of all these great things going on in one week, we have had some beautiful weather to boot. 

Over this passed week I heard from and old friend of mine.  We had a run in while I was doing a swim workout at my old pool and they then contacted me via Facebook.  We schedule a meeting at the park where we used to hangout and it was just like old times.  We enjoyed Starbucks and spent some time catching up on the happenings of life over the passed year.  A whole year since we had seen each other!  Crazy I know right. 

Along with seeing an old friend, I was flattered by a current friend.  She asked me for some help on her journey.  She is looking to make some better choices and change the way she looks and change her lifestyle.  This is quite possibly the most flattering thing that has happened to me recently.  The fact that someone sees what I am doing and they are looking for my input is simply amazing and she has no idea what that did for my ego(it's small but it is growing!)

It's funny because I don't know if anyone even reads these posts but it is some how soothing that I can sit down and put my thoughts somewhere.  Whether someone reads them or not well I don't know, I guess we will just leave that as a mystery.  This journey has been a long one for me but I am enjoying it so much every step of the way.  Bumps in the road are bound to happen and I have had a few of my own so far.  From plateaus, to sickness and everything in between.  The most important thing to know is that no matter what I have not given up.  I have my eyes on the prize and I am going to stop at nothing until I get there and you should do the exact same. 

Class at 8am tomorrow morning has been canceled, which is a nice feeling.  I plan to wake up and have some breakfast and then maybe squeeze in some swimming and a run.  I know that I have some time before my race in September(Atlantic City Tri) but as I said I am stopping at nothing until I get there.  If you are reading this and take nothing away from it but this, it should be to never give up on something you want and something you believe in.  You do not have to be the best at everything or even really good at everything.  Pick something and stick with it and give it your all, believe me, you will be more than please with the results. 


Just in case you need a little motivation, check out this picture of me from September at 295lbs.  Funny to look back at these pictures because I surely look different now.


Thanks for reading!
Do It for Yourself and Keep FSU

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment