Monday, July 8, 2013

WOW that's all I have to say...

It's been quite some time in between this post and last and I apologize.  Things have been very busy around here with the summer in full swing.  At times it feels like I am rolling downhill with no brakes, but it is keeping me busy!

I left you off with the annual 3rd of July party and it was a good time as always.  Just like vacation this year was different than previous years.  We were short quite a few friends this year but that is to be expected with everyone going different directions in their life.  We had a great time none the less and it was very enjoyable. 

The 4th was nothing to write home about, we had a few people here by the pool and a small BBQ but nothing too crazy.  I had to be up and out early on Friday for work so I wasn't getting too crazy.  It really just felt like a pretty routine week for me, with a little extra time off.  This isn't helping me much since mother nature hasn't been cooperating and I haven't been able to teach many lessons.  Friday after work I wanted to go for a ride but I didn't want to go alone, it was extremely hot and I had just about every excuse there was in the book.  Nonetheless I geared up and went for a ride.  There is something about climbing on your bike and just going.  It got me right back to where I needed to be.  The terrain here is quite different than anywhere else I have ridden so far.  As soon as you hit the peak of one hill, you are going down to the base of another!  It was a challenge but at the same time I really enjoyed it...NO CHALLENGE NO CHANGE!

My Strava report from my ride.

As for the rest of the weekend it was really routine here.  Didn't get too crazy or do too much at all.  Just a lot of the same old same old.  Sunday I woke up and went to church then went for a swim.  I need to get a little faster in my swim if I want to hit my goal on finishing top 10 in my age group.  It I go sub 1:15 for my race this is completely possible and I am stopping at nothing to get there.  After this we went to a birthday party for my cousin who turned 4 on July 3rd.  It was a party with multiple 4 years stuck inside because it, yep you guessed it, RAINED!  So sick of this weather!  None the less it was good to see some family that I haven't seen for awhile and I don't have any complaints, I love being around kids!
Here's the a little dude with and entire plum shoved in his mouth!

I have a few things that I really wanted to share so that is why I wanted to write this post.  The first was that I started this blog and made my first post in May.  Since then I have had over 700+ views on here.  When I logged in to see that, it was so rewarding. WOW.... Just absolutely INCREDIBLE to me.  700 views....I can't even wrap my mind around it.  I did not think in a million years that there were that many people interested in what I had to say!  I hope everyone is enjoying the post and getting something out of it because at the end of the day, that's all I want!

Next on the 3rd we were sitting around the fire and playing a silly game.  We had to go around the circle and say something nice about or to the person sitting to our left.  A very good buddy and workout partner of mine was sitting to my right so it was his turn.  Mind you this is one of the guys that really got me started.  There were multiple who have been absolutely instrumental in this whole things and he is definitely one.  However, I was not prepared for what was to happen next...it came to his turn and he said:

"I've been in the gym with you since day one brother and you have come so far, it's awesome and you need to keep it up brother...great work."

I have looked up to this guy since we started lifting together back in January.  He ALWAYS pushes me to work harder, give it my best, and walk away knowing I left it all out there.  For him to give me respect like that was an irreplaceable feeling and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Again another WOW!

On Saturday we went out on the river for the afternoon.  I left the gym after a lift and I was feeling great.  I threw on some boardies and my tank and I was ready to hit it and show off my hard work.  We left the dock and had a nice ride down to the flats.  When we got there I looked over and saw some chicks sitting on there boat and they looked over at us.  Naturally I was all excited because I just left the gym and I was feeling great....Until they started laughing...WTF?!?! AGAIN!!  Was the laughter directed at me or was it a coincidence...? I will never know but naturally I could only assume that it was.  I wanted to walk over to their boat and say "Do you realize how far I have come?!" But I didn't.  I jumped in the water and went to play some games with my friends.  Yeah it got to me a little but not enough to go and put my tank back on and that is what the old me would have done.  It's a start right!?



When I got up to brush my teeth somewhere over the last week or two I noticed some changes.  Some changed I REALLY like.  I am beginning to see my shoulders and Bi's develop and it's a great feeling.  I have never seen changes like this before and so every little thing counts and every little step is more like a giant leap for me.  It helps me and pushes me to keep going.  I have stopped getting on the scale as much as I used to and really just focused on the changes I am beginning to see and it has helped a ton.  Check out this pic of my "shoulders" starting to pop out a little bit!(yes I took it while brushing my teeth, don't judge!)

 Also take not of my sweet road id that I am super excited about!

Lastly today I was on my phone and someone responded to a tweet on my personal account.  He was asking about the "challenge" that I keep posting about.  I told him that it was about the last 10lbs I want to get rid of before I hit the 100 mark and that I was helping motivate a good friend who I was helping get started.  He said that was awesome and gave me congrats.  I didn't even know that he was following me, let a lone paying enough attention to what I was tweeting.  It was pretty cool that someone saw something and wanted to know more about what was going on.  I am overwhelmed with people inquiring about what I am doing, who actually care and want to see me succeed.  And that was my third and final WOW of the evening. 

I have been up since 4:45 and I am absolutely exhausted, I probably forgot some things I wanted to say but I think I hit on most of it.  Tomorrow I am up early again to do some meal prepping and such before work.  Going to also try and squeeze in an AM run before I have to jump in the pool to teach some lessons.  I went out and bought tons of food today so now the only thing left to do is cook it.  Have a plan or plan to fail my friends!!  Keep doing what you are doing and remember stop worrying about those other people!  There are always people who are going to talk and as long as you are doing what YOU want you're good! They have to put their head on the pillow at the end of the day and at least you can do it, knowing you did something you are happy about!


All for now
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment