Monday, August 5, 2013

That could have gone a lot worse...

It's Monday....and oh what a start to the week. I set my alarm for 4:45 with the anticipation of hitting snooze 1 time. Well the second time it when off, I shut it off. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. I accidentally fell back to sleep and leaped up at 5:30. I had a half hour to get to work and the club is 20 min away. No breakfast and no coffee. So I fired on the coffee maker and grabbed a granola bar. I some how left the house in about 5 minutes. I rolled into work with about 3 minutes to spare. Although the old ladies were not happy that I was opening the pool at 6(which is when it should open) they will get over it.

Last week was fairly uneventful thanks to a little scare on Tuesday. As you already may know I went to the beach last weekend. I went out Friday and Saturday, had a great time, road my bike on Sunday and I was exhausted when I came home. It was a normal Monday last week. I woke up early, went to work, did my lift, etc etc. Tuesday was the same again. I had work and then rushed out to sailing Tuesday night. I was exhausted and not feeling like myself when I got to sailing. It still didn't feel like anything was terribly wrong however. When we got back in after our races I started really feeling bad. I was holding on to the boat while one of the guys went to get the car. Next thing I knew I was getting tunnel vision, my ears started ringing and I felt myself going down. I handed the boat off and immediately ran to the bathroom to splash some water on my face. I had put my body under so much stress from the weekend and then during the first two days of the week that it just shut down. I got home and started sipping fluids until I went to sleep. Luckily I didn't have to be at work early the next day so I could get some rest. As the day went on I started to feel a little better but I was still hurting on Thursday! I know rest is important and I never gave my body a chance to rest and boy did I pay! Everything went back to normal though and I am drinking water after water again to prevent this from happening again. 

Over this past weekend my buddy and his family did the Governors Cup in Annapolis Maryland. I drove down in their car with all of their stuff to meet them at the party after. Although the party was pretty lame this year I still had some fun down there and met some cool people. I am just thankful that I had my health and a car that could get me their and back to enjoy time with friends. Saturday night we left St. Mary's college and sailed back to Annapolis. It's a 70 mile trek up the bay and it took us just under 12 hours. Most of which was in the dark of night. Watching the sunrise over the bay was definitely one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Check it out

Last week I came home and I found these shorts sitting on the dryer. I loved them, they still had the tags on and they were my size! So I'm thinking hmmm who could these belong to? So I take them upstairs, try them on and they fit like a glove. I find a shirt I bought down the beach and throw it on and it looks sick, so naturally I am super pumped. I am walking around the house and my brother comes down and says "dude what the hell are you doing in my shorts?!" Hahaha uhhhhh WHAT?!  Go ahead, read that again....yes you read it right!! I was wearing my brothers shorts. It was the most incredible feeling I have ever felt on the journey. I am sure I've said that before and guess what?! I'll say it again later too, get over it!

After more rest yesterday it was back to the grind today. I had a good lift and I am blessed to have multiple clients coming through today, one of which passed her swim test so I am super excited to see her! Tomorrow is back to biking and running, hopefully, if the weather holds off. If not we will be moving things inside. I am also headed over to a friends house to watch their dogs for the week and I can't wait. It's like a mini vacation every time I go over there and I love when they ask me to take care of their place. Like I said, other than my mishap Tuesday, things were very slow last week. I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of training this week. Only a month out from the biggest accomplishment of my life! When talking with someone the other day, they asked "could you imagine doing this two years ago?" No absolutely not. It was merely something I just dreamed about two years ago. They always tell you to chase your dreams though, don't they? ;) I'm running and I am not looking back. Thanks for the love y'all, it keeps me going!

All for now
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment