Wednesday, November 6, 2013

When does a dream become tangible?

Dreams, goals, ambitions...we all have them. They are big or small. They are personal or fitness related. They could be family oriented or something we are doing for ourselves but my question to you is when do they become tangible? When do they become something that we can actually reach and attain?

Most of my current goals are in relation to triathlons or racing. I have races lined up that I want to do and specific time goals or effort goals for those races. I know that I want to step up and complete an Olympic distance next season( 1 mi swim, 20 mi bike, 6.2 mi run). I have signed up for the Delmo Sports Escape the Cape Triathlon at this distance and with the help of my friends and tri community I will complete this race. 


Going further into the season I have a few other races I want to compete in such as Jersey State, Bethany, Cape, and some others. My A priority race for sure next year will be Atlantic City again. I have no trouble telling you that I will be training to take first place in my age group for this race. It is an attainable and realistic goal after looking at the times I put up for last year. 

Looking further into the future I want to land a teaching job so that I can continue to impact the lives of children everyday. After my experiences student teaching I know for sure this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.  Even further into the future I know that I want to compete in a half Ironman and I want to complete a marathon. These are all attainable goals that can and WILL be reached. 

Now to the real story behind this post...I am going to share something with you that I believe only one person knows...if you're reading this you know exactly who you are.....here goes nothing...
I have a dream to move to California...
There I said it...yes California, all the way on the other side of the country. When I went there I fell in love and I have wanted to go back ever since. Some people say I saw a different side of this place...it's nothing like I saw when you live there...why would you ever want to do that? Etc. 

I have a few reasons...one I hate the cold, I love the climate there...why not go to the south? Because I loved that there was no hustle and bustle in California aside from in LA which is not where I want to live. The second reason is that I never went "away" for school...I have grown up outside of Philadelphia in the country and it's a very small town. I want to get out and see what it's like away from here for awhile. This brings up my second question...is this selfish? People ask if I want to get away from my family or if I would miss my friends? YES ABSOLUTELY I would miss them. I would miss all of them terribly. I love my family dearly and they have been amazing throughout this entire journey. I would have never made it here without their support. As for my friends...I can't even think about life without any of them. They have been equally as amazing as my family with their support as well. This is something that I have always wanted to do though. Then there is the group of wonderful people in the Tri Club who I would miss. It has been something I have thought long and hard about....and yet it is still in the back of my head everyday. So again, when does a dream become something more tangible? This becomes a quiet reality as graduation rapidly approaches in December. I still haven't made up my mind and I have told myself I am going to take the wait and see approach because I will not go anywhere without the safety of a job. It's just something I need to share with all of you. 


Lastly I would like to thank you, the readers for all of the support. Whether big or small you have absolutely made a difference. So thanks. If you're a new reader feel free to connect with me on twitter(@Foryourself15) instagram(@doing_it_for_yourself) or Facebook (Facebook.com/foryourself15) all links can also be found on the blog!

Thanks for reading!

All for now
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself    

No comments:

Post a Comment