Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Congratulations....for what?

Monday 4am and cue the worst wake up call ever....after an extremely incredible weekend with friends I was rudely awakened by a raging ear ache from out of no where. For whatever reason as of some time last year every once and awhile I'll get water stuck in my ear from swimming and it will be annoying but I'll use swim ear stuff and it will go away. Not this, I inew this was something different and I knew I needed to see a doc ASAP. More on that later though. 

I was excited to go to the doc because I knew I hadn't been there since my journey and they would have an accurate account of my progress. When I got there the woman at the desk finally noticed me and said "oh my god you've lost a ton of weight!" I said yes I have and I just gave her a short story and she said congratulations. I was just a little confused.  She didn't have any idea how far I have come, so why would she say that. 

Normally I wouldn't even think twice about this, but my mom brought something up recently and it got me thinking...haha go figure. She asked me how it made me feel when people said things like "you look amazing!" She chuckled and said "what because I lost weight I'm all the sudden a different person?!" And she is 100% right. It's a comment that I have grown to love and hate. I hate it because most people who say it, just say it because they don't know what else to say. If they knew the WHOLE story and it was heartfelt then I would love it. That's one of those times I do love it, when it comes from someone who really knows. 

I don't want to sound like a total ass to those of you who don't know me all that well because that's not the case. I love the compliments, but this woman had no idea what I went through to get to where I am. I do appreciate her compliment but I don't feel as though it was heartfelt. 


Anyway rant over, bottom line I just wish people were either actually truly interested or sometimes didn't say anything at all. Back to this ear ache...it's the second speed bump I have hit since the off season started. First I have my foot all jacked up from these stupid k-Swiss shoes. They were marketed as a "stability" shoe.  Little did I know that they were none of the sort. They didn't have anywhere near the stability I need and it started to cause me pain so I haven't run in god knows how long. Now on top of that I have this ear infection and I can't swim. I am stuck in this rut right now and I can't seem to dig myself out. I am super siked about next season and I can't wait but I gotta shake this funk and I don't know how. 

It's a weird funk, I feel like I am losing old friends yet gaining new ones. I love all of the people that I have met through this amazing new community, I feel like there are some people who don't understand this new "obsession."  I never really had a passion before and triathlons and helping people is it now, without a doubt. I am not saying that everyone should jump on board and go crazy and do a tri, I'm just saying I don't want to lose old friends. Who knows it could just be me, overthinking things.  


Aside from that life is just moving a long here. Student teaching is flying by and I can't believe I only have a month left of school. It's my last month of school ever....until I go back for more. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. 


Regardless of what's going in I thank everyone for the constant support. You guys are my foundation and you keep me going so thank you. I know that I wouldn't be here without any of you. 



All for now
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment