Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hitting the Ground Running!

So much to say and so little time!  This is becoming such a common thing for me.  I thought today that it has been ages since I have posted and I am so exhausted but I need to post before I fall asleep.  Things are moving so fast and I know that they are not going to slow down the least bit!  Work, school and training have begun to take over my life.  I am trying to balance everything right now and although it is overwhelming I am having such a great summer so far.

I picked up my bike on Friday!! I was ecstatic the entire day.  I couldn't wait to get out of work and go get my hands on it.  The time came and I went and picked her up from Ron's house.  It was all sparkling and brand new.  I was beside myself.  Ron has been amazing and he took the time to go over things with me when I got there.  He should me everything they did and explained everything to me.  He then hooked me up with everything I needed to get out on the road.  He has just been absolutely incredible and I am so BLESSED to have people in my life like him.  He gave me gear and tools and everything to get on the road.  He could have so easily gotten me in contact with the guy who was selling the bike and just left it at that, but he didn't and he wouldn't!  I have since gone for two rides and I LOVE it, I am absolutely addicted and cannot wait for my race.  I want to ride everyday until it gets here.
Here she is, 2010 Trek 2.1 Alpha!

Last week I got a text from a friend asking me to do a 10k trail race with him.  I thought, 10K come on I did the biggest 10 miler in the country, I got this!  Boy was I mistaken!  Let me just tell you how different a trail run in from a road run.  When the race started, I was stuck behind two ladies who were just there shooting the breeze.  I was stuck behind them for almost half of the race.  This killed my time and totally got in my head.  On top of this, we are on the east coast as I may have mentioned before so imgaine how fun a trial run was, post rain storm....  I was so much slower than I anticipated for the race and that got to me.  When I finished I had to stop myself and think, a year ago you would have never done this, and today you came out and conquered it.  That is more than most can say and I am proud of myself for that.  
Here are some sweet socks I got and an awesome running water bottle that I wanted so bad!
This is my attempt at taking a picture while running the race.  The course was beautiful!

As for everything else, life is good.  After last weeks blow out with my old friend we had dinner on Saturday after my race and everything.  From my race I went and worked a private party which was interesting in and of itself.  I saw someone from the facility where I used to work and she acted like we were best buds.  She sat there and talked to me for at least an hour if not longer like no time had past.  Let me just share with you that this chick came up to my care one night and was pounding on my window and telling me "I couldn't do THAT here"  I was a little confused because I wasn't doing anything but whatever haha.  I am always professional especially when I am working so I just went with the flow.  I also hate confrontation so I wasn't about to have any when I was working, whether a private party or not....So back to dinner.  It was AMAZING...again.  We had a great dinner that I made and great drinks and just a great time.  
 
Kabobs and quinoa...perfect!
 
We have been messaging back and forth and I am happy but it still puts me in a bad spot.  I am scared.  Today she didn't respond to me forever and it left me questioning and waiting and I didn't like that.  I am also scared to tell my friends that we have begun talking again.  They saw what happened to me and although I feel so incredibly distant from them now for so many reasons I feel like they still care and don't want to see that happen again.  On Saturday one of my very good friends called me and asked me to come over and I was so scared to tell them that I couldn't because we were having dinner.  First of all I always want to do too many things at once and I hate telling people no I can't because I feel like I am letting them down.  On top of that I was just so scared to tell them WHY and I don't want to mess anything up again.  I just hope I didn't.  Aside from that things have been good and I feel like I am getting to that spot where I have wanted to me for so long.  

On Friday I got a text from an amazing friend, it read:
"Was talking with your parents earlier! We are so proud of you for the dedication you put in to losing weight!  It's going to even further fuel the inspiration that you will have for the kids you teach someday!"
This made me feel amazing and I can't even put into words how great it was to read.  The point of this blog is to get things off my chest and off my mind.  However I hope that if you are reading it, it reaches you the way others have reached me.  Whether it inspires you or helps you keep going, I just hope it helps you get through whatever it is you are trying to get through.  So many people have helped me through this and I want to give back ten fold.  
 
Last night I went to get some bathing suits because I have none that fit anymore.  It's funny because the guy I ran with has been on a journey that is even greater than mine.  He has inspired me incredibly.  Post race we were having a conversation and we both agreed that losing weight is great but people don't understand how frustrating it is to try and get dressed when you have nothing that fits!  So i grabbed a few bathing suits in the size I thought I was.   Well I went and tried them on and THEY DIDN'T FIT!  So I went back again and got some more....Size 34 from a 40...it felt absolutely incredible.  After shopping I went for pizza and beer with my friend at an amazing little spot she found.  All craft beer on draft and they make their own pizza.  It was basically heaven for me.  We had another great time and I really enjoyed the dinner.  It's incredible what the little things can do for you!
Today I went for a ride and it made me feel amazing.  No music, no nothing, just me and the road.  It helped me clear my head and really get things on track.  I can't thank everyone enough, it is probably annoying by now but seriously thank you everyone for your support.  Along with that thank you to the person who got me started.  You have been incredible and I am eternally grateful for everything you have done for me and continue to do.  You're the man!

Post ride today!
It is time for me to sign off and head to bed.  Thank you all for reading and I hope you are enjoying the sun between the rain drops if you are on the east coast!

All for now
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself


No comments:

Post a Comment