Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yes we do have that size!

Today, oh today how it was so small but so huge at the same time for me!! It started as an other day, I woke up, cooked breakfast and got ready for work and I was on my way. The weather here then decided to strike again. It thundered as I was walking through the parking lot and so I knew I wasn't going to be getting in the pool on time. Little did I know walking into work did I know that I would not get in the pool at all today. Our club lost power at about 9:15 or 9:30. Mind you when the power goes out all hell breaks loose. People were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. People were bossing each other around and it just turned into one giant pissing contest about who knew more than the next person. I took my spot in a nice comfy chair and just sat back and laughed. This was all well and good but I began to get restless. I'm like a little kid and I can't sit in one spot for too long without going CRAZY. So after awhile I started to wander around and attempt to keep myself busy. I looked outside and saw the weather clearing and thought we were going to resume our swim lessons. Again I couldn't have been more wrong. One of the grounds keepers pulled up an app on his phone from Delmarva which said we wouldn't have power back until some time between 2-8pm. Apparently there was a slight problem with one of the transformers. So I called my lessons and ended up leaving work incredibly early. 

On my way out I saw a guy who I work with who I have looked up to since I started there. He has been into this triathlon business for awhile and he said he wanted to check out my new ride. So we broke out the Trek from my trunk and we messed around for awhile. I showed him the pedals I had and he said forget that man, come over here, I have some better pedals for you. He pulled out a new looking set of pedals and said here just take these. AGAIN!  The people in this community are so giving I can't believe it! I am so grateful to all of them!

After we put everything away I thought what next? Well I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow and I have no beach clothing that fits. Mind you I am an absolute beach bum so I can get away with wearing boardies 24/7 while I'm down there and not playing golf. So I decided to head to the mall to get some new threads. I hit my first store and I felt like I was right back where I used to be. The stupid store had shorts all in sizes 29 and 30. Seriously. What real person wears that size. I was so pissed. 

I moved on to my third store feeling extremely frustrated. But then it happened....if I could jump through the computer screen and hug you while you were reading this due to excitement I absolutely would!!  I picked out two tanks to go try on because they were BOGO. I went into the fitting room and tried them on....THEY FIT LIKE A GLOVE! Size large tanks and they fit absolutely perfect. I was jumping out of my skin. At one point and time I was probably pushing 2-3XL shirts and could never find anything. Today I walked in, picked out what I wanted and it fit. I wasn't done there though, I decided to push my luck again. I found PBR boardies that I really liked and so I decided I wanted to try them out for size too. So of course I had to ask for help to get them down. The anxiety built up as the girl pulled off a bunch from the extremely high rack and I'm standing there thinking great here we go again. So she found my size and I went back to try them on. Yup you guess it! Another perfect fit! Twice in a row. The shorts were a size 34. So I went from 2XL shirts and 40 waist to size larger shirt and 34 shorts. I put on one of the tanks that I picked out and just stood there and looked in the mirror for a second. I couldn't believe it. For once I went into a store, found clothes I liked and thought I actually looked GOOD in. It was such a huge moment for me. I could see all the hard work right there in front of me. Clothes that ACTUALLY fit and it felt INCREDIBLE! I have never left a store so satisfied before and it was just insane and weird to me. I had never felt like this before and I loved it. I can't stop!

I came home on cloud 9 and decided to do a swim. I'm blessed to have a pool right in my backyard so I grabbed my gear bag and jumped in. Since our pool isn't 25 yards long I decided to start my watch and just go for 30 minutes instead of going for yards. After my swim I dried off and jumped right into my running gear. Then stupid Mother Nature hit again and it started to rain. So I headed into the basement to try and do what I could. It wasn't cutting it though. I REALLY wanted to run. So I was doing my circuit and I remembered that my neighbor had a treadmill! So I sent him a text and he told me to come over. I jumped on and just started going. For whatever reason it felt like one of my best runs to date. I don't know if it was because I was still on cloud 9 from my mall trip or if it was just me getting better. I'll go for a mixture of both. 

Today was so huge for me in so many ways although to the on looker it may seem so small. The old me would have given up after the first store in the mall and just stormed out. But I continued on and I am so glad I did. Second when I got out of the pool the old me would have just been satisfied with the half hour swim. But that wasn't enough, I need MORE!  It is becoming a common theme and I don't hate it at all. The feeling when I get during and after such a good workout can not compare to anything else in the world. When I do something for myself though such as go get new clothes it's something that I can't compare to anything else. The results and hard work and everything are right there in front of my eyes. After my race last weekend the guy I ran with told me you need to set rewards for yourself and allow yourself those rewards. I thought of that today in the fitting room and I did just that. I'm still on cloud 9 and I thank him for giving me that small yet so valuable piece of advice. 

Tomorrow is an early morning for me. I am opening the club at 5:15 am and that is the only thing standing between me and vacation! I can't wait. I don't think I've even been so excited to go to the beach. Finally I can enjoy the fruits of my labor! It's time for me to sign off. Remember that hug cause I'm jumping through the screen and giving you that huge for reading. Thank you, you're helping and you don't even realize it. Good night all. 

All for now. 
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment