Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Abercrombie Just Wants to Be "Cool"

Where do I even begin....I found this article on Facebook via a post from someone and I was completely dumbfounded when I read it.  As someone who wore a size XXL at one point and time and someone who bounced around all over with pants sizes, I'm offended to be honest. 

The fact that the CEO only hires "good" looking people in his store cracks me up to begin with.  I don't know about anyone else who is reading this but I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I can go out with my friends and we will all think different people are good looking and we may not agree on one person being good looking to us the entire night.  I have one friend in particular who I can go out with and know that we would never chase the same girl because our tastes are that different.  I would like to make a quick comparison to put in in perspective.  Does everyone you know truly love Indian food?  Probably not, but does that mean it isn't good? NO!

The next thing that gave me a real chuckle is that he "justifies" having XL and XXL sizes for men because he wants to appeal to the athletic built males.  Has anyone seen the athletic guys who shop in this store.....
Right because this is my role model, I want to be exactly like the Situation....

This article frustrates me on so many levels, but mostly because of the pressure it puts on girls.  People may argue with this fact but I think it is a prime example of girls receiving more pressure than guys to look a certain way.  The guys who wear XL and XXL can still shop in this store but girls who wear that size for a variety of reasons can't? I remember going shopping and not being able to find jeans and having to take the walk of shame to the counter because I had to order them and have them shipped to my house.  It was absolutely humiliating....however it shouldn't be about that. 

Society and other people should not decide for you how YOU should look.  This is ultimately a choice for you to make.  Don't ever listen to someone when they tell you that you have to do something or be a certain way.  If you are anything like me, you will push back and not do it, just to spite them.  It can be an ugly circle that no one wants to be apart of.  This is about much more than the clothing or looking a certain way though.  Ultimately your choices are yours and they should remain just that.  Don't ever let anyone tell you that you have to/should do something that you don't agree with.  No one told me that I needed to start doing anything.  Everything I put on this website is something that I wanted to do and it makes things that much more rewarding.  I urge you to find something YOU want to do and do it to its fullest(is that hypocritical?).

Supporting a company that bases its values on something like this is not something I will do and I plan to tell every person who I know about this.  I urge you to do the same because this is just ridiculous to me.  Please leave thoughts or comments below because I would love to hear what people have to say about this. 



All for now...

Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment