Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just an Update

Good morning all, not much to say today.  There aren't really any significant updates going on today.  Just finished some breakfast which was banging and it got me to thinking.  I remember when I was incredibly uneducated when I started.  I would wake up and eat a minimal amount for breakfast.  I wanted to keep my calories low so I would have a bagel, most times white (not whole wheat or whole grain) with cream cheese and a cup of coffee.  Looking back it is almost funny how stupid and ignorant that was!

Breakfast IS in fact the most important meal of the day.  It is called breakfast because you are BREAKING a FAST.  Think about it, if you are eating small frequent meals throughout the day or even three big meals throughout the day, when is your body going more than 4-5 hours with out food at the most.  When you sleep you are not eating for an average of 8 Hours!  Your body needs that food as soon as possible!  Breakfast ideas can be so simple and so easy, yet absolutely delicious!  I have honestly come to love my breakfast in the morning and I love looking up new ideas to try.

Here are my "southwest eggs" from this morning:
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1/2 cup red pepper
1/2 cup onion
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 mexican blend cheese
BOOM!



I am continuing with my cardio acceleration program.  Today is leg day and I am pretty excited for that.  I like how the workouts are broken up into mutli joint for one day during the week and then you hit single joint later in the week.  Like I have said a million times(but I will beat a dead horse) everything is out there, you just gotta do your homework!  Just to play off of that, yesterday I was trying box shuffles for the first time.  I set the step up and did my first set of tricep push and then went to do the skip and completely jacked it up, probably looked like the biggest fool.  I took a deep breath, put my foot back on the bench and nailed it and probably had the goofiest smile on my face for that minute of cardio acceleration.  The "old" me would have quit the first time I screwed it up or better yet, probably would have never tried it in fear of failure.  It's weird the "confidence" boost you get(I put quotes because I don't know if that's what it is but it's the best I can come up with).  So don't be scared, try something new!  If you fail, brush it off, watch the video demo over and try it again!!

Last night I attended a running clinic at my gym which was pretty good.  Some of the info I already had and it didn't surprise me to hear some of the ignorant questions coming from others in the group.  I am just happy that they were there to learn some of their mistakes and how to fix them, just as I did!

I am getting super excited to get out on my bike here in the coming weeks and really start cranking out some miles.  The most important thing I took away from last night was to not over train your body.  I was told this before but it really got drilled into my brain last night.  It is going to be hard for me because in my sick head right now I love training and pushing myself to the limit, just gotta be very careful!

Still working on that mental block of getting my body up to speed with where my head is, but I am really starting to see results and I am digging it big time.  Its an amazing feeling when you start to see what you have been working for.  Regardless of what it is you are working towards, when you start to see those results you will know the feeling I am talking about!  Give me a call, we will have a drink and celebrate together cause I know how good it feels too!

Today is a beautiful day and I am going to figure out a way to get out and enjoy it somehow!  You all should do the same!  I may bust out the new jump rope I bought and kill two birds with one stone!(no I do not know how to jump rope....) So what better way to start that teach myself outside!  Hope you all enjoy your day and nice weather!

All For now
Keep FSU and Do It For Yourself

PS apparently I had a lot more to say than I thought ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment